Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Rain at Dusk

Empty streets, black night, thick rain,
Neon floating in a dormant whirlpool
The night singing a noisy refrain,
A grand breeze, wet, fierce and cool.

Empty streets, yet sense the superfluity!
Deluged and drowned, the dark sewers,
Music flooding the mind with serenity,
High above, the heavens brimming over.

Empty streets, yet what rhythm in the air!
Harsh drops pattering to the ground,
My feet tapping to a measure in my ear,
My heart swinging to the incessant sound.

It's the first day of November, and here I am , sitting at Starbucks on the corner of my street, trying to work on my masters thesis. It's hard with the heavy rain outside. There are very few people on the streets, and I still can't concentrate. Maybe, it's the song playing in my headphones, so apt for the scene - "November Rain" (Guns and Roses).This just slipped into my mind from the air, I guess.


No comments: